Call For 2019 PGY1 Rep Nominations
PGY1 Representative nominations
Are you PGY1 in 2020?
Are you interested in health policy in New Zealand?
Keen to advocate for your colleagues and peers?
Want to see first-hand decision-making processes for vocational training?
Then why not run for the PGY1 representative position on the NZMA Doctors-in-Training Council?
Who can run?
- Open to all NZMA members who will be PGY1 in 2020 (i.e. trainee interns who are graduating in November 2019).
- You must be nominated by a fellow trainee intern.
Your opportunity to:
- Be part of the important work that NZMA does.
- Be part of the decision-making process on issues that matter to you, your colleagues, and your patients.
- Interact with senior colleagues from general practice, medical and surgical specialties.
- The PGY1 representative position spans 18 months from January 2019.
- Attendance to four Saturday meetings in Wellington (travel expenses paid for).
- Representing the NZMA at a few events like Med Student orientations, ACE info sessions and Beyond the Med School Gates.
For more information about the role; and for a copy of the nomination form, please view the 2019 PGY1 Rep Election Information Handbook.
Nominations close at 4pm Friday 1 November 2019.
If there is more than one nominee, an election will be held.
Please return all completed nomination forms and profiles to the New Zealand Medical Association: