2019 NZMA & NZMSA Teaching Awards
The New Zealand Medical Association (NZMA) and the New Zealand Medical Students' Association (NZMSA) are delighted to announce the third annual New Zealand Medical Teaching Awards.
The awards aim to recognise:
a) the positive impact that many doctors have made through the World Medical Council Declaration of Geneva; "I will share my medical knowledge for the benefit of the patient and the advancement of healthcare" and; "I will give to my teachers, colleagues and students the respect and gratitude that is their due, and;
b) to encourage the development of a positive clinical teaching culture and environment for the benefit of students, staff and ultimately patients.
We want nominees who:
• create/facilitate a positive learning environment
• are innovative in teaching
• are engaging in teaching
• provide a unique contribution to teaching
• show commitment and passion to education
• exemplify professionalism
• are excellent clinical role models
• provide constructive feedback in an appropriate manner
• go above and beyond their normal duties
• actively seek feedback for continuous improvement
• display other exemplary characteristics not covered by the above criteria
If you know someone who fits the above criteria, fill in the nomination form here. Nominations close 4pm, Friday 8 November 2019.