25th November 2011,
Prem P Gupta, Krishan B Gupta, Dipti Agarwal
A 38-year-male with no clinical symptoms underwent chest radiology for an employment-related assessment (Figure 1). A CT was also performed (Figure 2).
- McDonald JR, Harrington SW, Clagett OT. Hamartoma (often called chondroma) of the lung. J Thorac Surg 1945;14:128-143.
- Gjevre JA, Myers JL, Prakash UBS. Pulmonary hamartomas. Mayo Clin Proc 1996;71:14-20.
- Murray J, Kielkowski D, Leiman G. The prevalence and age distribution of peripheral pulmonary hamartomas in adult males: an autopsy-based study. S Afr Med J 1991;79:247-9.
- Huang Y, Xu D, Jirapatnakul A, et al. CT- and computer-based features of small hamartomas. Clin Imaging 2011;35:116-22.
- Lee BJ, Kim HR, Cheon GJ, et al. Squamous cell carcinoma arising from pulmonary hamartoma. Clin Nucl Med 2011;36:130-1.
- Matsuda E, Okabe K, Kobayashi S, et al. Pulmonary hamartoma associated with lung cancer. Kyobu Geka 2010;63:875-8.
- Yamashita S, Mun M, Kono T. Pulmonary hamartoma treated by thoracoscopic enucleation. Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2010;58:30-2.