The New Zealand Medical Association works alongside other organisations to raise awareness of issues affecting the health and wellbeing of our profession and our patients. As part of our advocacy work, we have added our voice to others and endorsed position statements and consensus statements, including:
- The Ministry of Health and the Health Promotion Agency/Te Hiringa Hauora's position on vaping.
- The New Zealand College of Public Health Medicine policy statement on Antimicrobial Stewardship and Infection Control: Limiting the burden of antimicrobial resistance in New Zealand.
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians consensus statement: Act now to reduce the damaging health impacts of climate change.
- The World Medical Association's statement on nuclear arms.
- The ALLTrials petition, www.alltrials.net, which calls for all past and present clinical trials to be registered and their full methods and summary results reported.
- An endorsement of Alcohol Healthwatch’s submission to the World Health Organisation on their ‘Working document for development of an action plan to strengthen implementation of the Global strategy to reduce the harmful use of alcohol’.