These are usually commissioned. It would be helpful if specialist topics could be written with a general audience in mind.
Please make clear the strength of evidence for key statements, eg,
- based on well-designed randomised controlled trials, meta-analysis or systematic reviews
- based on well-designed cohort or case-control studies
- based on uncontrolled studies or consensus.
The style is that for all articles in the Journal.
- See a recent issue of the Journal.
- See the detailed information for authors (on this website).
- References in the Vancouver style. References are numbered consecutively in order of appearance in the text – using superscript numbers.1
Editorials should be 1200 words or less with no more than 12 references.
Go to www.manuscriptmanager.com/nzmj to submit your editorial.
The Journal does not hold itself responsible for statements made by any of its contributors. Statements or opinions expressed in the Journal reflect the views of the author(s) and do not reflect official policy of the New Zealand Medical Association unless stated as such.