***Nominations have closed for the 2017 NZ Medical Teaching Award.***
The New Zealand Medical Association (NZMA) and the New Zealand Medical Students' Association (NZMSA) are proud to announce the launch of the annual New Zealand Medical Teaching Award.
The award is being introduced to recognise the positive impact that many doctors have—through their commitment to teaching and the Hippocratic Oath—and to encourage the development of a positive clinical teaching culture and environment for the benefit of students, staff and ultimately patients.
The award gives us a chance to praise what is laudable, to recognise those who might not otherwise have been noted, and to create a positive and encouraging atmosphere where we can be inspired by champions of professionalism.
We want nominees who:
- create/facilitate a positive learning environment
- are innovative in teaching
- are engaging in teaching
- provide a unique contribution to teaching
- show commitment and passion to education
- exemplify professionalism
- are excellent clinical role models
- provide constructive feedback in an appropriate manner
- go above and beyond their normal duties
- actively seek feedback for continuous improvement
- display other exemplary characteristics not covered by the above criteria
Nominations close 4pm, Monday 14 August 2017.
The New Zealand Medical Teaching Award logo: The wings represent the wisdom, nurturing, protection and guidance of a teacher, and the Rod of Asclepius represents healing and medicine.